The Student Council is a school organization consisting of students elected by their peers to represent them, speak for them, and act for them. It is an effective way to develop student leaders. An effective council is based on a democratic philosophy of education.
Student Council is:
- Experiential: The members learn to solve REAL problems and make REAL decisions.
- Democratic: It is an organization OF people, BY people, FOR people, and the students ARE the people.
- Responsible: Each representative carries out the wishes of the students.
- Educational: LEARNING is the GOAL.
In Student Council we BELIEVE:
- Empowered students are vehicles for positive change in their school and in their community.
- Student leaders have the responsibility to be positive role models.
- Student Councils play a vital role in preserving knowledge of and practice in the democratic process.
- Leadership training programs are essential to allow developing leaders to achieve their full potential.
Student Council means a better school for EVERYONE!